Sudan’s paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) said it had agreed to a 72-hour truce on humanitarian grounds from 6 a.m. on Friday, to coincide with the Muslim holiday of Eidul Fitr. The capital, Khartoum, was rocked by bombing and shelling earlier on Friday. There was no immediate comment from the army and its chief, General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, did not mention a ceasefire in a pre-recorded speech posted on the army’s Facebook page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Blinken reaffirms US status quo toward Israel-Palestine

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has concluded his visit to Israel…

‘No plans’ to leave Lebanon: UNIFIL

The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon said that it had no…

U.S. imposes sanctions on affiliates of Iran’s IRGC

Washington: On September 14, the United States imposed sanctions on individuals and…

Palestinian media identify man killed in Israeli raid in Silwad

Earlier, the Israeli military said it killed a Palestinian fighter and arrested…