The United States has announced the release of a Saudi engineer from the notorious Guantanamo military prison, who was seized over two decades ago as a suspect in the September 11, 2001 Al Qaeda attacks but never charged. Ghassan Al Sharbi, 48, was detained in Faisalabad, Pakistan with an Al Qaeda associate in March 2002. He was targeted because he had studied at an aeronautical university in Arizona and had attended flight school with two of the Al Qaeda high-jackers in the 9/11 plot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Gaza Health Ministry pleads for fuel, generators

The Gaza Ministry of Health made an appeal to international organizations to…

Ukraine to launch Bakhmut counterattack ‘very soon’: General

Ukraine’s top ground forces commander said that Ukrainian troops in Bakhmut would…

Israeli army says 200 soldiers killed in Gaza ground operation

The Israeli military said that 200 soldiers had been killed in the…

UN chief warns Gaza’s ‘last lifelines’ near total collapse

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres condemned the fast-deteriorating conditions in Gaza, warning…