It emerged that flash floods killed at least 14 people living in tents and container housing across Türkiye’s quake-hit region on Wednesday. Several more people were swept away by the rushing water, which turned streets into muddy rivers in areas hit by last month’s 7.8-magnitude quake, officials said. More than 48,000 people died in Türkiye and nearly 6,000 in Syria in the February 6 disaster, the region’s deadliest in modern times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israel ‘sacrificing’ hostages with plan to expand military operation in Gaza: Hamas

Hamas said that Israel’s plan to expand military operations in the Gaza…

Isaac Herzog becomes first Israeli president to visit Bahrain

On Sunday, Israeli President Isaac Herzog visited Bahrain on the first trip…

Indonesian suicide bomber kills one

Bandung: On Wednesday, a suspected militant, angered by Indonesia’s new criminal code,…

Moscow court arrests WSJ reporter

It emerged that a Moscow court formally arrested Evan Gershkovich, a US…