Venezuela says several parts of the country have come under attack, including the capital and three surrounding states, as it accused the United States of carrying out what it described as a “military aggression”. In a statement, the Venezuelan government said it “rejects, repudiates and denounces before the international community” what it called an attack by the US on “Venezuelan territory and population” in civilian and military locations in Caracas, as well as in the states of Miranda, Aragua and La Guaira. The statement follows reports that at least seven explosions were heard in Caracas at about 2am local time on Saturday, accompanied by the sound of low-flying aircraft.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

31 premature babies evacuated from Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza

Thirty-one premature babies had been evacuated from Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza…

Rahul Gandhi nominated as leader of India’s opposition

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s chief rival Rahul Gandhi was nominated on Saturday…

Two bombs target Italy’s embassy cars in Greece

On Friday, two explosive devices targeted cars belonging to the Italian embassy…

Hezbollah vows to attack more sites in Israel

Senior Hezbollah official Hashem Safieddine threatened on Thursday to attack new areas…