The Israeli military says it has identified the body of former Hamas military chief Mohammed Sinwar, who was killed in an air strike on a hospital in Gaza last month. An Israeli army statement said the body was found in an “underground tunnel route” beneath the European Hospital in Khan Younis. It said documents such as Sinwar’s driving licence were found at the site. Israel said he was hiding in an underground “command and control centre” at the site, an explanation it often puts forward for its air strikes in Gaza. It said more militants were killed and were still being identified. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced on May 21 that the army had “probably killed” Mohammed Sinwar.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Afghan national among two militants killed in Mohmand operation

Security forces killed two militants, including an Afghan national, in an operation…

Hezbollah condemns attack on UNIFIL convoy in Beirut

The group says it rejects any targeting of UN peacekeeping forces after…

Israel does not care about its citizens: Captive’s father

Israeli media outlet Haaretz is reporting that the father of one of…

Trump ‘to lift pause on 2,000-pound bombs to Israel and sanctions on settlers’

US President Donald Trump is expected to lift the Biden administration’s freeze…