UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called on Sudan’s warring parties to immediately cease hostilities Monday as his envoy to Khartoum said at least 185 people had been killed by the fighting. The UN chief said any further escalation of the conflict between the army and paramilitary forces, led by rival generals, “could be devastating for the country and the region.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Germany to deliver 40 Marder vehicles to Ukraine

Germany said on Friday it wants to deliver around 40 Marder infantry…

Philippine Typhoon: Casualties rise

Manila: It was reported on Dec 19 that at least 72 people…

Woman gets strangled to death for bearing third daughter

Just two days before she was due to give birth to a…

Israel frees two hostages in Rafah under cover of air strike

The Israeli military announced that two hostages taken by Hamas during its…