The effect of the Israel-Gaza conflict on the enclave’s healthcare sector had been “catastrophic”, the World Health Organisation chief has said at an emergency board meeting. WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told the 34-member board added that conditions were ideal for the spread of deadly diseases. However, he said it would be all but impossible for the WHO to improve the situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Kyiv, Moscow hold a third round of talks

On Monday, Moscow announced a temporary ceasefire and a plan to evacuate…

Russia signs deals with Vietnam in many sectors

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a series of deals with his Vietnamese…

After crash, attention shifts to US-made helicopter carrying Iran’s Raisi

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi was on a US-made Bell 212 helicopter on…