A horse and a donkey both tied to carts rest in the Maghazi camp for Palestinian refugees, which was severely damaged by Israeli bombardment amid the ongoing conflict in the Gaza Strip between Israel and the Palestinian militant group Hamas, in the central Gaza Strip on February 1, 2024. (Photo by ANAS BABA / AFP)

Israel prepared to advance its war on Gaza farther south, close to the Egyptian border, after claiming to have dismantled Hamas in Khan Younis. Defence Minister Yoav Gallant said that success in the fight against the Palestinian militants in the southern Gaza city of Khan Younis, where Israel launched a major ground attack last week, meant its forces could advance to Rafah on the enclave’s southern border. “We are achieving our missions in Khan Younis, and we will also reach Rafah and eliminate terror elements that threaten us,” Mr. Gallant said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Pakistan bans New Year’s Eve celebrations in solidarity with Gaza

Pakistan has banned New Year’s Eve celebrations to show solidarity with Palestinians…

Air-travel from 9 other countries restricted

As the new Covid-19 strain Omicron spread throughout the globe, Pakistan added…

Death toll soars in US from storm Helene

The death toll stands at 93 Sunday night in the aftermath of…

Israeli drone attack as Al Jazeera crew films in northern Gaza

An Al Jazeera crew has captured the terrifying moment when an Israeli…