The United States and Saudi Arabia has called on warring sides in Sudan to extend a ceasefire due to expire on Monday. The Sudanese army and a rival paramilitary force, battling for control of Sudan since mid-April, had agreed last week to the weeklong truce, brokered by the US and the Saudis.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

China chides European Commission for ‘protectionist’ policies

China’s commerce minister has accused the European Commission of pursuing “protectionist” actions…

Israeli army captures Iran-linked ‘terrorist’ cell in Syria

The Israeli army said on Monday that it arrested a “terrorist” cell…

Zelenskyy, Trudeau discuss defense cooperation

Zelenskyy spoke to his Canadian counterpart, Justin Trudeau, and discussed defense cooperation…

Taiwan says it won’t rely on others for defense

Washington: On October 5, President Tsai Ing-wen said that Taiwan won’t rely…