Israel has been condemned for the deliberate killing of an Al Jazeera crew of five in Gaza. Anas Al Sharif, 28, was among a group of four Al Jazeera journalists and an assistant who died in a strike on a tent near Shifa Hospital in eastern Gaza city. An official at the hospital said two other people were also killed in the strike. The Israeli army claimed that Mr Al Sharif was a “Hamas leader” posing as an Al Jazeera journalist. Rights advocates said he had been attacked for his frontline reporting on the Gaza war and Israel’s claim lacked evidence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Jenin death toll rises to eight as army raids refugee camp

Eight Palestinians have now been killed in an Israeli army raid on…

Netanyahu says he nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told President Donald Trump he nominated him…

Gaza civil defence says 20 killed in Israeli air strikes

Gaza’s civil defence agency on Wednesday said that 20 people, including at…