The UN human rights office said that over 100 medics and emergency workers had been killed in Lebanon since a conflict between Israel and Hezbollah began a year ago when the Lebanese group opened fire on Israeli positions in support of the Palestinian resistance group Hamas. It has intensified dramatically in recent weeks, with Israel bombing parts of Beirut. “In all, over 100 medical and emergency workers have been killed across Lebanon since October last year,” spokesperson Ravina Shamdasani told a UN briefing on Friday, citing figures she said were compiled by the United Nations humanitarian office.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

‘No obstacle will stop us’: Syrians mark one year since Assad’s fall

As celebrations kicked off marking the first anniversary of the ousting of…

Policeman kills two Israelis, one Egyptian at Alexandria tourist site

An Egyptian policeman opened fire on Israeli tourists in the Mediterranean city…

Israel, US, UK launch first joint attack on Houthi targets in Yemen

Israel, the US, and Britain carried out their first coordinated attack on…

Gunfight in India’s restive Manipur kills multiple Kuki ‘militants’

Ten armed men were killed in a gunfight with security forces in…