The number of migrants who died or went missing trying to cross the Mediterranean this summer has been three times the number seen in the same period last year, the UN has said. Between June and August, at least 990 people died or went missing in the dangerous central Mediterranean route between northern Africa and Europe, compared to 334 deaths over the same months in 2022, the UN’s children’s agency UNICEF said on Friday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Iranian currency reaches a new low amid upheaval and isolation

Iran’s struggling currency sank to a new low against the U.S. dollar…

US Congress urges Pakistan to uphold democratic institutions

The United States (US) House of Representatives on Wednesday passed a resolution…

Taiwan sees ‘MeToo’ outpouring after Netflix show

Taiwan is being rocked by a wave of sexual harassment and assault…