The number of migrants who died or went missing trying to cross the Mediterranean this summer has been three times the number seen in the same period last year, the UN has said. Between June and August, at least 990 people died or went missing in the dangerous central Mediterranean route between northern Africa and Europe, compared to 334 deaths over the same months in 2022, the UN’s children’s agency UNICEF said on Friday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Suicide bombing in Somalia kills one

Mogadishu: On Sept 25, at least one soldier was killed and six…

Father of captured Israeli soldier claims to have received sign of life: Report

Yehuda Cohen, father of Israeli tank gunner Nimrod Cohen who was taken…

Rahul Gandhi nominated as leader of India’s opposition

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s chief rival Rahul Gandhi was nominated on Saturday…

First UN aid trucks cross into northwest Syria

Ten ‘International Organization for Migration’ trucks carrying humanitarian assistance passed through the…