The World Health Organisation has said it has lost communication with its contacts in Al Shifa Hospital in northern Gaza, amid reports that some people who fled the hospital had been wounded and killed. “WHO has grave concerns for the safety of the health workers, hundreds of sick and injured patients, including babies on life support and displaced people who remain inside the hospital,” it said. “WHO calls again for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza as the only way to save lives and reduce the horrific levels of suffering,” it added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israeli forces raid Balata refugee camp in West Bank

Israeli forces are carrying out a raid in the Balata refugee camp…

Pakistan to pursue trade with Gulf states

Talking to Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Abdul Razak Dawood, Adviser to the…

US proposes strict asylum restrictions at borders

US President Joe Biden’s administration has unveiled a plan that would make…

Finland, Sweden to join NATO together

Helsinki: On Oct 28, Finland and Sweden would join NATO at the…