The US is to keep two aircraft carrier strike groups in the Middle East, Washington’s defense chief said, despite the averting of a full-scale war between Israel and Lebanon. Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin spoke to Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant on Sunday, hours after Hezbollah launched hundreds of Katyusha rockets in retaliation for the Israeli assassination of senior commander Fouad Shukr last month.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Pakistan urges Iran and US to uphold ceasefire

Pakistan’s Deputy Prime Minister Ishaq Dar has issued a statement on the…

Two attackers killed in Jerusalem shooting attack: Police

Israeli police said two suspected attackers were killed after they opened fire…

Israel breached commitments over Palestinian state: Norway

Representatives of the Norwegian government told the UN’s top court that Israel…

Three Palestinians killed in Israeli strike on flat in Gaza city: Report

Three Palestinians were killed and others injured in an Israeli air strike…