The US is sending a fighter jet squadron to the Middle East and has ordered additional ballistic missile defence-capable cruisers and destroyers to the region, as tension threatens to boil over. Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin “has ordered adjustments to US military posture designed to improve US force protection, to increase support for the defence of Israel, and to ensure the United States is prepared to respond to various contingencies”, the Pentagon said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Death toll in Gaza surpasses 9000

At least 9,227 Palestinians had been killed, including 3,826 children, in Israeli…

Israeli army ground forces chief resigns

The chief of the Israeli army’s ground forces, Maj Gen Tamir Yadai,…

IMF says Pakistan ‘missed’ opportunity to broaden tax base

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Thursday expressed dissatisfaction with Pakistan’s recently…

Republicans oust Ilhan Omar from high-profile US House committee

US House of Representatives Republicans on Thursday ousted Democrat Ilhan Omar from…