US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth said that he had ordered more defensive assets to be sent to the Middle East, as the escalating conflict between Israel and Iran drives regional tension higher. Mr Hegseth did not disclose what he ordered sent to the region, but Reuters reported earlier on Monday that a large number of US military refuelling aircraft and an aircraft carrier were heading to the Middle East. “Protecting US forces is our top priority and these deployments are intended to enhance our defensive posture in the region,” Mr Hegseth said in a post on social media platform X.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Armed wing of Hamas claims Israeli troops killed in clashes

Al Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, said it has clashed…

Israel threatens intensifying assault on Gaza if hostages are not returned

Israel has warned of a more “intense and significant” offensive in Gaza…

Saudi Arabia to host first Esports Olympics in 2025

Saudi Arabia will host the inaugural Olympics Esports Games in 2025, the…

Israeli military intercepts rockets fired from Lebanon

The Israeli military said it successfully intercepted a number of rockets fired…