The director of the US Secret Service has said that she was resigning following the assassination attempt against former president Donald Trump that unleashed intensifying outcry about how the agency tasked with protecting current and former presidents could fail in its core mission. Kimberly Cheatle, who had served as Secret Service director since August 2022, had been facing growing calls to resign and several investigations into how the shooter was able to get so close to the Republican presidential nominee at an outdoor campaign rally in Pennsylvania.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Four killed in morning strikes on northern Gaza

Four Palestinians were killed on Monday in Israeli air strikes on northern…

Syria says pulling troops from Druze heartland after US request

Syria announced that its army had begun to withdraw from violence-hit Sweida…

Afghanistan embassy in India announces permanent closure

Afghanistan’s embassy in India has announced its permanent closure, more than two…

White House denies Gaza talks are close to collapse

US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby on Friday denied reports that…