Suspected US air strikes struck around Yemen’s rebel-held capital overnight into Monday morning, and the Houthis said at least one person was killed. The full extent of the damage and possible casualties wasn’t immediately clear. The attacks followed a night of air strikes early Friday that appeared particularly intense compared to other days in the campaign that began March 15. The strikes around Sanaa, Yemen’s capital held by the Houthis since 2014, also wounded four others, the group said. Their al-Masirah satellite news channel aired footage of broken glass littering homes after the concussive blast of the bombs, but continued not to show the targets of the attacks, suggesting the sites had a military or intelligence function.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Australia urges both sides to return to negotiations

Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong has called on the US and Iran…

Thousand civilians killed in Ukraine: U.N.

Zurich: It emerged that at least 902 civilians had been killed and…

Pope Francis meets with rabbis

Pope Francis met with European rabbis in the Vatican on Monday. He…

Lula urges Trump to consider Palestine’s inclusion in Board of Peace initiative

Brazil’s President Lula da Silva has urged US President Donald Trump to…