Myanmar: On June 9, the United Nations condemned the lethal shooting of a World Health Organization (WHO) employee in eastern Myanmar. This is the latest in a string of assassinations underlining the chaos in the country since last year’s coup. Ramanathan Balakrishnan, the U.N. resident coordinator, said the U.N. expected those who killed Myo Min Htut to be held accountable and “appeals to all parties and stakeholders to respect the neutrality of the United Nations and humanitarians”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Terrorists attack FC border post, one sepoy martyred: ISPR

ISPR reported that a Frontier Corps border post was attacked by terrorists…

Missing Chinese billionaire assisting authorities: Firm

Billionaire technology dealmaker Bao Fan is cooperating with Chinese authorities conducting an…

Trump pauses tariffs on Mexico and Canada, but not China

US President Donald Trump suspended his threat of steep tariffs on Mexico…

Nine Israeli soldiers killed in Gaza fighting

The Israeli military said that nine soldiers were killed in fighting in…