Syria announced that its army had begun to withdraw from violence-hit Sweida on Wednesday, following a wave of Israeli strikes on the capital and a US call for government forces to leave the majority-Druze southern city. The United States, which has been trying to reboot its relationship with Syria, said an agreement had been reached to restore calm in the area, and urged “all parties to deliver on the commitments they have made”. The Syrian government earlier announced a new ceasefire in Sweida that would bring a halt to military operations there, after clashes that a war monitor said had left more than 350 people dead since Sunday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Zara campaign sparks backlash after resemblance to Gaza destruction

Zara is facing a backlash after using statues with missing limbs surrounded…

Israeli troops continue crackdown on occupied West Bank

Israeli troops continued their crackdown in several areas of the occupied West…

Up to 80% of Hamas tunnels reportedly intact

As per Israeli and American sources, up to 80 percent of the…

At least 113 killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza in a day

At least 113 Palestinians have been killed and 304 injured in Israeli…