A Swedish court convicted a man of inciting ethnic hatred with a 2020 Quran burning, the first time the country’s court system tried the charge for desecrating the holy book. The conviction came after a wave of Quran burnings earlier this year that stoked international outrage and made Sweden a “prioritized target,” prompting the country’s intelligence agency to heighten its terror alert level. The Swedish govt condemned the desecrations but repeatedly upheld the country’s extensive freedom of expression laws.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Blinken to visit Israel to push for ceasefire deal

US President Joe Biden said that he was sending Secretary of State…

Kremlin shows concern over US actions

Moscow: On Jan 25, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Russia was…

Egypt makes progress on Suez Canal expansion

Egypt’s Suez Canal Authority announced progress in developing the waterway and services…

One more Palestinian killed by Israeli forces in Jenin

The Civil Affairs Authority is reporting that one more Palestinian has been…