Spain will join South Africa’s genocide case before the International Court of Justice against Israel’s actions in Gaza, its Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares said. Spain will be the second European country after Ireland to join the case, which has also been joined by countries including Chile and Mexico. South Africa brought the case before the court last year, alleging that Israel’s Gaza offensive breached the 1948 UN Genocide Convention. Israel denies the charge.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Tunisians rally for Palestine to criminalize normalization with Israel

Several Tunisian organizations and political parties called for a rally in the…

PM Modi asks State Chiefs to combat potential Omicron surge

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi requested heads of state on Thursday to…

“China backing Russia would cause a world war”: Zelenskyy

On Monday, Zelenskyy warned China against supporting Russia, saying doing so would…

Canada, China expel diplomats in escalating row

China has said it was expelling Canada’s consul in Shanghai, in a…