The US military’s request for an additional $200 billion for the war with Iran faced strong resistance in Congress on Thursday, as Democrats and some Republicans questioned the need for fresh funding despite last year’s large defence appropriations. The debate came as Iranian attacks on the world’s largest LNG plant in Qatar and refineries in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait sent shock waves through energy markets, while the United States said there was no deadline for ending the Middle East war.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

At least 800 children under Gaza rubble: Health Ministry

More than 800 children were among the 1,500 Palestinians trapped under rubble…

Zelenskyy thanks Poland for its ‘historic help’

Ukraine’s President Zelenskyy thanked Poland for its “historic” help. He said that…

China, ASEAN sign upgraded free trade agreement

The Southeast Asian bloc ASEAN and China have signed an upgrade to…

At least 322 children killed in Gaza following breakdown of ceasefire

At least 322 children have been killed and 609 injured since Israel…