Pretoria: On Nov 2, the parties in the conflict in Ethiopia’s northern region of Tigray agreed to cease hostilities. It was a dramatic diplomatic breakthrough after two years into a war that had killed thousands and displaced millions. The war, which broke out in November 2020, pits regional forces from Tigray against Ethiopia’s federal army and its allies.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Trump says suspect in Charlie Kirk killing taken into custody

A suspect in the fatal shooting of conservative activist Charlie Kirk at…

Israel unlikely to withdraw soon from five key positions in Lebanon

Israeli troops are unlikely to withdraw from five military positions in southern…

Qatar says US-Iran negotiations need ‘more time’

“We are supportive of the diplomatic effort by Pakistan that has shown…

Communications across Gaza gradually restored

Communication services had been gradually restored across Gaza, a main telecoms provider…