Israel’s army and police service said roads to the southern city of Eilat have been reopened and no threat found after a “security incident” was reported earlier in the afternoon. “The suspicion of a security incident in the area of Highway 12 near the city of Eilat has been removed,” read an army statement. Journalist Hallel Bitton Rosen, who had previously said there were “fears of a terrorist infiltration”, later said a group of tourists had “caused a panic”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

PTI public meeting date changed: Farrukh Habib

Farrukh Habib, the Central Secretary Information of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, announced on Tuesday…

Iran still weighing response to US proposal: Foreign Ministry

Iran is still reviewing the US’s latest proposal and considering its response,…

Gaza ceasefire talks resume in Doha

Negotiations to reach a new ceasefire deal in Gaza continue in Doha…

Top US university president quits after anti-Semitism row

The president of an Ivy League university stepped down in the wake…