Elon Musk’s X has not paid a fine imposed for failing to outline its plans to stamp out content depicting child sexual abuse on the platform, Australia’s internet safety watchdog told AFP on Tuesday. Last month, eSafety commissioner Julie Inman Grant slapped an Aus$610,500 (US$388,000) fine on the company formerly known as Twitter for failing to respond to questions she sent in February, criticising the company’s “empty talk” on the issue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Several UK universities restrict recruitment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi students

UK universities are shutting out applicants from Pakistan and Bangladesh because of…

France opposes ‘any form of annexation’ of Gaza

Foreign Minister Jean-Noel Barrot says France is against any annexation of the…

China proposes new global AI cooperation organisation

China said on Saturday it wanted to create an organisation to foster…

UN relief chief says Trump’s plan ‘opens new possibilities’ for aid

In a post on social media, Tom Fletcher, the head of the…