More than 70 people have been killed after a tunnel collapsed at a Malian gold mining site last week, local sources told AFP news agency, the latest disaster in a region prone to mining accidents. “It started with a noise. The earth started to shake,” Oumar Sidibe, an official for gold miners in the southwestern town of Kangaba, told AFP on Wednesday, of the incident on Friday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Once-in-a-century flooding swamps Somalia after drought

The United Nations has described floods that uprooted hundreds of thousands of…

Iran’s foreign minister says ‘neighbouring states’ encouraging killing of Iranians

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said on Monday that some “neighbouring states”…

Hezbollah ready to respond to Israeli ceasefire violations

Hezbollah is prepared to respond to Israeli breaking of the Lebanon ceasefire…