Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida held a phone call with his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu earlier in the day. “Prime Minster Kishida stated continued growth in the number of civilian casualties should be avoided, and that it is important to calm the situation swiftly, minimize civilian casualties and observe international law including international humanitarian law,” a Japanese foreign ministry announcement said. In response, Netanyahu set out Israel’s position on the military operation in Gaza, the announcement said, without elaborating.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Russian invasion could be “soon”: U.S. official

Washington: On Feb 6, White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan stated…

Zelenskyy speaks to newly elected Slovenian president

On Sunday, Ukrainian President Zelenskyy stated that he spoke to the newly…

Greek-flagged oil tanker appears to be leaking oil: Pentagon

The Greek-flagged crude oil tanker Sounion that was recently attacked by Yemen’s…

UK redefines extremism after rise in hate crimes

UK unveiled a new definition of extremism on Thursday in response to…