Germany said Saturday it will send a new frigate to the Red Sea in August to help secure maritime traffic, disrupted for months due to attacks by Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels. The ‘Hamburg’ will replace the ‘Hessen’, which left the zone on Saturday, Defence Minister Boris Pistorius said. The ‘Hessen’ had been deployed in the area on February 23 as part of the European Union’s “Aspides” mission to protect ships in the area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

US ambassador to UN says ‘we mourn the loss of every single innocent life’

Linda Thomas-Greenfield, US ambassador to the UN, said that “the lives of…

No toxic gas found at Damascus site where Israel struck: White Helmets group

The White Helmets, Syria’s civil defence force, said it found “no toxic…

“Al Jazeera reporter was likely killed unintentionally”: Israel

Jerusalem: On Sept 5, Israeli investigations into the killing of Al Jazeera…

Death toll from Israel’s genocide in Gaza higher than reported, says Lancet

According to a new study published in The Lancet Global Health, more…