Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said that Israel had not allowed the Rafah border crossing to be opened, as aid and fuel trucks wait to enter the Gaza Strip. “Until now, unfortunately, the Israeli government has not taken a stance that allowed for the crossing to be open from the Gaza side,” he said. “Egypt has aimed since the conflict broke out to keep the Rafah crossing operational.” Israel had earlier denied reports of a ceasefire that would allow for humanitarian aid to enter and foreign citizens to leave the Gaza Strip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

France prepares aid for airlines hit by jet fuel price hikes

The French government is preparing ⁠to ⁠provide financial aid to airlines hit…

Iran warns the US, Israel against military drills

On Dec 12, a prime Iranian military official warned of a “heavy…

Gaza death toll rises to 46,899

The Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza said that 23 people were killed…