All the people on board an aid flotilla headed for Gaza that was hit by drones in international waters off Malta in the early hours of Friday have been “confirmed safe”, the Maltese government said on Friday. “The vessel had 12 crew members on board and four civilian passengers; no casualties were reported,” the government said, adding that a nearby tug had been directed to aid the vessel.
“By 2.13am, all crew were confirmed safe but refused to board the tug. The ship remains outside territorial waters and is being monitored by the competent authorities,” it added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Blinken heads to Beijing hoping to mend US-China relations

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken flies to Beijing this weekend with…

Unicef condemns Israel’s attacks on Lebanese children

Unicef condemned ‘horrific’ killing of three children in an Israeli strike on…

US says 58 commercial vessels redirected under naval blockade of Iran

The United States said Saturday that 58 commercial vessels attempting to enter…