The head of Israel’s Shin Bet security service, Ronen Bar, could be forced out of the post this week. Plans to remove him from the role are to be brought before the government, a statement from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said on Sunday. Last week, Mr Netanyahu urged Mr Bar to resign, but he refused, Israeli media reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israeli forces kill three Palestinians in West Bank violence

At least three Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces in the occupied…

Two Israeli soldiers wounded in occupied West Bank

The Israeli military says the soldiers were wounded in an attack by…

Beijing slams EU for Chinese subsidies in green industry projects

European Union’s commitment to reduce greenhouse emissions and transition to clean energy…

Police raid on Brazil favela leaves nearly a dozen dead

A police raid on a favela near Rio de Janeiro state has…