The chief negotiator for Yemen’s Houthis said the group’s stance has not changed since the US-led air strikes on its positions, and warned that attacks on ships headed to Israel will continue. US and British warplanes, ships and submarines last week launched dozens of air strikes across Yemen in retaliation for Houthi attacks on Red Sea shipping, which the Iran-backed Houthi rebels cast as a response to Israel’s offensive in Gaza.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Flash flood kills 14 at Johannesburg church ritual

Flash flooding that followed heavy rains has killed at least 14 people…

Islamic Jihad says Israel responsible for ‘sabotaging’ Gaza truce

Hamas ally Islamic Jihad said Israel bore responsibility for “sabotaging” the ceasefire…

Pak, US reaffirm commitment against terrorism

In the two-day Pakistan-US counterterrorism dialogue, both sides have reaffirmed their commitment…

China announces Afghan trade, investment plans

Kabul: On Tuesday, China’s ambassador announced trade and investment plans for Afghanistan…