Yemen’s Houthi rebels said on Sunday they carried out a military operation targeting the Nevatim airbase in the Negev region of southern Israel using a hypersonic ballistic missile. The Houthis “affirm they will continue their military operations in support of the oppressed Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip, and that these operations will not be ceased until the aggression against Gaza stops and the siege is lifted”, the group’s spokesman Yahya Saree said in a statement. Earlier in the day, the Israeli army said a missile launched from Yemen was intercepted before crossing into Israel.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Government shutdown becomes longest on record

The US government shutdown has now entered its 36th day, making it…

Thousands evacuated as fourth storm in a month hits Philippines

Thousands of people sought shelter, ports were shut down and landslides blocked…

EU leaders visit Ukraine to show support after criticism

Kyiv: On June 16, the leaders of Germany, France, and Italy visited…

Russia to debate seizing property of army critics

Russia will consider passing a bill next week that would confiscate the…