The US State Department has refused to say if Lebanon has the right to defend itself, following Israeli threats of wider attacks on the country amid a crumbling ceasefire. The National’s Willy Lowry was questioning spokesman Vedant Patel on the ceasefire deal between Israel and Hezbollah, which came into effect last week. On Tuesday, Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz said his country would attack the Lebanese state “with no exceptions” if the ceasefire fails.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Russia reacts strongly to Israel’s nuclear remarks

Russia’s foreign ministry said on Tuesday that a remark by an Israeli…

Iran accuses US of warmongering

Iran condemned a US deployment of a nuclear submarine to the Middle…

Two children among seven killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza

Israeli air strikes killed seven people, including two children, across Gaza on…

Myanmar air raid kills 60: Sources

On Monday, sources reported that at least 60 people were killed, including…