The director of the UN World Food Programme, Cindy McCain, said that the organisation had “paused” its distribution of humanitarian aid from an American-built pier off Gaza, amid concerns “about the safety of our people”. On Saturday, an Israeli military assault in the enclave freed four hostages but left 274 Palestinians and one Israeli commando dead. Ms McCain said, two of WFP’s warehouses in Gaza had been hit and a member of staff had been injured.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Hundreds in Sweden cancel New Year’s celebrations to rally in support of Palestine

Hundreds of people in Sweden cancelled New Year’s celebrations and rallied in…

What’s next for the Gaza ceasefire, and will the truce last?

More than two months after Israel and Hamas agreed a ceasefire, disagreements…

Trump says South Korea should join mission to protect ships near Iran 

President Donald Trump said on Monday that South Korea should join US…

Palestinian boy killed, two injured in Israeli raid in West Bank

A Palestinian teenager was killed and two others injured in an Israeli…