A senior UNRWA official has described the difficulties of getting humanitarian supplies into Gaza for the agency, with about 5,000 agency-owned trucks currently blocked from entering the besieged enclave. John Whyte, UNRWA’s senior deputy director for Gaza operations, told The Journal that Israel is requiring the UN agency to hand over supplies to other relief organisations and remove its branding before permitting entry. Israel’s parliament banned UNRWA last year, with the law taking effect in January.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israel open to ‘little pauses’ in Gaza fighting: Netanyahu

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel would consider “tactical little…

Explosive device hits Israeli military vehicle in West Bank

The Israeli army said that an explosive device hit a military vehicle…

Russia reports large blast near Ukraine border

A large blast has rocked a street in the Russian city of…

Gaza death toll rises to 39,677: Health Ministry

The Gaza Health Ministry on Wednesday announced that at least 39,677 Palestinians…