Two United Nations agencies on Tuesday called for more funding to address “increasing” needs in Lebanon, where the war between Israel and Hezbollah has displaced hundreds of thousands of people. “We are preparing for the reality that the needs are increasing,” said Unicef deputy executive director Ted Chaiban and World Food Programme deputy executive director Carl Skau in a joint statement, adding: “We need additional funding, without conditionalities”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Dutch military police to help Ukraine

Amsterdam: On April 28, it emerged that the Dutch government was likely…

Deadly explosion hits petrol station in County Donegal

It emerged that at least nine people had been killed in an…

Israel confirms killing of Hezbollah commander in southern Lebanon

Israel’s military said on Saturday that it had killed a Hezbollah commander…

Pakistan dispatches emergency relief assistance to Syria

Islamabad: The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) on Wednesday dispatched emergency relief…