US President Donald Trump said he was planning a major new assault on Iran on Tuesday, but held off as he saw hope for securing a so far elusive agreement to end the war. Trump said that he stopped his purported attack plan at the urging of Gulf Arab allies, which Iran has threatened with reciprocal attacks if the United States and Israel end a nearly six-week ceasefire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

OIC slams consecration of “Ram Temple” on demolished Babri Mosque

The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on Tuesday expressed grave concern over…

Six wounded in Paris stabbing attack

An attacker stabbed six people on Wednesday at the busy Gare du…

Blinken appears before Senate Foreign Relations Committee

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken is testifying before the Senate Foreign…

Australia begins mass fish death clean-up

A major clean-up operation is under way in Australia after millions of…