The Trump administration has launched an investigation into Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey on allegations that they conspired to impede Department of Justice (DOJ) immigration raids. The Justice Department issued subpoenas for Walz and Frey as part of an investigation on Friday, accusing the two Democratic leaders of hindering federal law enforcement officers’ abilities to conduct immigration crackdowns in the state. The subpoenas escalate an increasingly bitter political battle between the Trump administration and Democratic leaders in Minnesota following the fatal shooting of Renee Good, an American, by an immigration officer last week in Minneapolis.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Trump sends letter to Herzog seeking pardon for Netanyahu

Israeli President Isaac Herzog has said he received a letter from US…

China’s Xi, Russia’s Putin hold video call following Trump inauguration

China’s President Xi Jinping and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin held on…

Switzerland to close Geneva branch of GHF aid group

Switzerland has said it will close the Geneva branch of the US…

Protests in Tbilisi to against Georgia’s ‘foreign agents’ law

Georgian police have used tear gas and water cannon against protesters as…