US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he is “not aware” of any plans to deport Palestinians from Gaza to Libya, after a report last week claimed the US was working on a plan to permanently relocate up to one million Gazans to the North African nation. Speaking to the Foreign Relations Committee, he said the US has been in conversations with other countries in the region to see if they would accept Gazans who want to move voluntarily. “I’m not aware of Libya,” he added. The State Department last week said reports about Gazans potentially being sent to Libya were true.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

TTP Commander killed by Security Forces

Captain Sikandar of Pakistan Army embraces martyrdom during an intelligence-based operation. On…

White House says Nobel Committee puts ‘politics over peace’

The White House on Friday criticised the Nobel Prize committee’s decision to…

Hezbollah FPV drone targets Israeli troop carrier in southern Lebanon

Hezbollah has released footage said to show a first-person view (FPV) drone…

Saudi-led coalition eases shipping restrictions on Yemen

It emerged that plans were taking shape for an extended truce in…