Islamabad: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf on Monday changed the venue of its planned March 27 power show in Islamabad from D-Chowk to Parade Ground. The decision came hours after Islamabad Inspector General of Police (IGP) Qazi Jamilur Rehman told the Supreme Court that section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. The Code of Criminal Procedure, already in force in the capital, had been broadened to include the Red Zone area. In a tweet, the PTI said that “the Parade Ground will be more suitable to accommodate the number of people that are expected to participate in the rally.” Earlier, PTI Senator Faisal Javed Khan, too, had tweeted that the D-Chowk would prove to be a “small venue” for what he described would be the “biggest rally in the history of Pakistan”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Propaganda campaign an attempt to draw wedge in public, institution relations

On April 12, a meeting of Pakistan Army officials took notice of…

PTI to protest today against custody of Fawad Chaudhry

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has announced to protest in Lahore today against the…

Blinken cuts short his Southeast Asia tour

Kuala Lumpur: On Dec 15, It emerged that the U.S. Secretary of…

Ex-CJP renounces allegations of keeping Sharif family in jail

On Nov 15, Former chief justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar vehemently…