The Foreign Office said on Friday it had issued a demarche to the United Kingdom’s envoy in Islamabad over threats made against Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) Field Marshal Asim Munir during a Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) protest outside the Pakistani consulate in Bradford. FO spokesperson Tahir Hussain Andrabi said that UK Acting Head of Mission Matt Cannell was handed the demarche, a protest registered through diplomatic channels, over the former ruling party’s event abroad. In a video uploaded by the “UKPTIOFFICIAL” account, a woman speaker, during the event held earlier this week, can be heard making a car bomb violence threat against Field Marshal Munir, similar to the plane blast that took the life of General Zia ul Haq nearly three decades ago.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Pakistan, Turkmenistan ink accord to implement TAPI gas pipeline project

Pakistan and Turkmenistan signed a joint implementation plan on Thursday to execute…

Pakistan gains global trust, emerges as key force for regional peace: PM Sharif

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday said Pakistan emerged as a key…

Punjab launches ‘Maryam Ki Dastak App’

Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Maryam Nawaz on Monday launched the ‘Maryam ki…

Bilawal Bhutto advises Nawaz Sharif to focus on Punjab

Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) supremo Nawaz Sharif’s recent visit to Balochistan…