A senior Hamas official said that no progress has been made in the Gaza ceasefire talks despite the group’s flexibility. “Despite the flexibility shown by Hamas in the negotiations to facilitate reaching an agreement, the [Israeli] occupation’s position remains stubborn and it refuses to respond to our people’s demands,” Osamad Hemdan told a press conference on Thursday. Mr Hemdan said Israel rejects “our demands of a full ceasefire, the withdrawal of troops from the Gaza Strip, the return of displaced and the exchange of prisoners.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Beijing blames US for fighter jet incident in S. China Sea

Beijing has blamed US “provocation” for an incident last week in which…

Screening of travellers from China unjustified: EU

The EU’s disease agency has said the screening of travellers from China…

Australia begins mass fish death clean-up

A major clean-up operation is under way in Australia after millions of…

Musk apologises to Twitter worker over online row

Twitter chief executive Elon Musk has apologised over an exchange he had…