More than 142,000 people have been displaced, the UN agency for Palestinian refugees said on Saturday, since Israel resumed its war on Gaza last month. “Since the war in Gaza started, around 1.9 million people – including thousands of children – have gone through repeated forced displacement amid bombardment, fear, and loss,” UNRWA said on X. “The collapse of the ceasefire caused yet another wave of displacement, impacting over 142,000 people just between 18 and 23 March,” said the agency.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Egypt, Qatar close to securing Gaza truce extension

Egypt and Qatar are close to reaching a deal to extend Israel’s…

Europe’s recalibration of China ties shows EU-US split

EU Council President Charles Michel’s upcoming visit to China shows that energy-starved…

WHO appeals for $1bn for world’s worst health crises including Gaza

The World Health Organization has appealed for $1bn to address health crises…

Israeli forces target UN peacekeepers again in southern Lebanon

Israeli forces have launched another attack on the UN Interim Force in…