The Israeli military said on Wednesday that regular infantry and armoured units were joining ground operations in southern Lebanon, but said they would remain limited and localised in scope. Israel said on Tuesday that commando and paratroop units had crossed a short distance over the border in the first publicly announced ground invasion in Lebanon. It subsequently said that special forces units had been carrying out raids against Hezbollah targets across the border for months.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Europe to be hit hardest in global economic slowdown

The global economy should avoid a recession next year but the worst…

Australia, Canada and New Zealand call for immediate ceasefire in Gaza

Australia, New Zealand and Canada issued a joint statement on Friday to…

Gunman killed, 2 wounded in shootout outside Israel’s Istanbul consulate

A gunman was killed and two others wounded in a shootout on…

Afghan Taliban say blast near mosque kills one

On Friday, a Taliban official reported that the explosion on the threshold…