Israeli troops have deployed to a newly established security corridor across southern Gaza, the military announced. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday announced the new Morag Corridor and suggested it would cut off the southern city of Rafah, which Israel had ordered evacuated, from the rest of Gaza. A military statement said troops with the 36th Division had been deployed. It was not immediately clear how many, or where exactly the new corridor was located. Morag is the name of a Jewish settlement that once stood between Rafah and Khan Younis, and Mr Netanyahu had suggested it would run between the cities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Somalia bombings: Death toll rises to 48

Mogadishu: On March 24, the regional leader laid bare that the death…

King Abdullah speaks with French President

Jordan’s King Abdullah warned of the danger of a major Israeli attack…

Apple to start letting people fix their own iPhones for the first time

In a concession regarded as a victory for “right-to-repair” advocates, Apple said…