Israeli attacks target not only Qatar but any nation working to achieve peace, Qatar’s prime minister told the UN Security Council, denouncing this week’s strike on Doha as a blatant attempt to derail Gaza truce talks. “The continuation of such attacks does not only target Qatar. It is a clear threat to target any country that is working on achieving peace, and that undermines the trust in the United Nations,” Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani said. “The attack is a violation of the sovereignty of a state member of the United Nations. This attack is far away from the civilised behaviour of states that believe in peace,” he added, referring to Israel’s strike on Hamas negotiators in Doha earlier this week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Australia places sanctions on Israeli settlers

Australia has issued its first sanctions against Israeli settlers for violence against…

US defense secy discusses regional security with COAS Asim Munir

The US Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on Tuesday telephoned…

Palestinian group says 28 detained in occupied West Bank

The Palestinian Prisoners Society said that Israeli forces detained 28 Palestinians in…

Chinese astronauts board space station in historic mission

Three Chinese astronauts arrived on Wednesday at China’s space station for the…