Israel will allow a “basic amount” of food into the Gaza Strip, the prime minister’s office said Sunday, after facing mounting pressure to lift a total blockade imposed more than two months ago. The announcement came hours after the military said it had begun “extensive ground operations” in its intensified campaign in Gaza, and as Israel and Hamas engaged in indirect talks on a deal to potentially halt the fighting. Prime Minister’s office said that at the military’s recommendation, “Israel will authorise the entry of a basic amount of food for the population to ensure that a hunger crisis does not develop in the Gaza Strip”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Kyiv reports series of deadly Russian attacks across Ukraine

Ukraine has reported that nine people had been killed in five regions…

Russia’s mass drone attack hits several Kyiv districts

More than two dozen Russian drones targeted Ukraine’s capital early on Friday,…

China’s Xi, Russia’s Putin hold video call following Trump inauguration

China’s President Xi Jinping and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin held on…

EU’s Laptop Imports Hit All-Time High

ISTANBUL, Oct 23 (AA/APP): The European Union’s laptop imports reached an all-time…